Bayside City Council Regulations:
You require a permit to either prune or remove a tree that:
- has a single or combined trunk circumference greater than 155cm measured 1m from ground level
- is listed on the Council's Register of Significant Trees
- is a tree planted in accordance with the replacement planting condition of a Local Law permit
A permit is not required if the:
- tree is an immediate threat to risk of personal injury and/or property (an emergency)
- tree/s are listed on the Department of Primary Industry noxious weed list
- work is completed by a qualified Arborist (Cert. 3 or higher) that is competent to undertake the task to the Australian Standards (AS 4373-2007) Pruning of Amenity Trees. The Arborist must take before and after photos to certify their work - apply's to pruning only
Click on the link below for Bayside's Tree Pruning/Removal Application Form. If there is any confusion regarding this process, don't hesitate to contact Nick (Arborist) on 0478 896 636.
For more information in regards to Planning Permits, heritage overlay, the VPO and applicable fees, etc visit http://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/living_in_bayside/environment_trees.htm or contact Bayside City Council's Planning Department on (03) 9599 4444.
PLEASE NOTE: We do our best to provide you with the most accurate and up to date information to assist you in applying for council permits, however the information on this page is up to date as of August 2016 and is subject to change without notice. Treeincarnation does not take any liability for misleading or incorrect information displayed on this page and recommends contacting your council before you commence with the removal of any vegetation and to use the information above only as a guide.